So, perhaps a baked omelette or faux quiche might be more appropriate a name for the crustless concoction that true-blue Brentwood Dieters might indulge in during the first phase of the diet. Here are some recipes:
FAUX QUICHE PHASE ONE:
• Preheat oven to 350˚
• Lightly grease a 9" cake or square pan with olive oil
• Chop and microwave 2 or 3 kinds vegetables for few minutes. Or cook them in chicken broth and reduce the liquid. For example: onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, garlic, etc.
• Put pre-cooked vegetables in the prepared pan
• Beat 6 eggs, add pepper or spices to taste and pour on top of vegetable mixture
• Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown and the middle is done. 4 servings
FAUX QUICHE PHASE TWO:
• Use recipe for Phase One, but if you'd like, saute the vegetables in a little olive oil. Also, once in a while, consider adding in a few ingredients forbidden in Phase One, like:
• Grated cheese such as cheddar, goat, gruyere, monterey jack, etc.
• Chopped ham or prosciutto
• Chopped sausage: chicken, turkey, chorizo, Italian
• Crumbled bacon
• Splash of skim milk
Of course, these ingredients (except the skim milk) contain scads of sodium and saturated fat, so use sparingly.